You may be too old for trick-or-treating, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the candy favorites you loved as a kid. We’d like to think Halloween as an adult is even more fun because not only can you dress as your favorite cartoon character and binge on an entire bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins without judgement, but you can also enjoy it with booze. Here are 11 candy-inspired cocktails for Halloween (or any time of the year), because who can resist a caramel apple in cocktail form?
1. If you like caramel apples or sour apple suckers —
Bobarino’s Carmel Apple Pop Sangria
2oz Liberty Creek White Zinfendel
1oz Hennessy VS Congac
.75oz Sour Apple Schnapps
.25oz Butterscotch Schnapps
1oz Apple Cider
.25oz Orange Juice
Carmel & Cinnamon Sugar Dipped Rim
RECIPE – serves one
1. Coat the rim of a hurricane or wine class with caramel and dip in cinnamon and sugar mix.
2. Blend the white zinfandel, congac, apple schnapps, butterscotch schnapps, apple cider and orange juice in the glass
4. Stir and add ice
3. Top with a donut hole on a skewer or side of glass and enjoy
You can get you hands on this classic fall flavor combination at Bobarino’s located on the 2nd floor at The B.O.B.. You’d better hurry though, the featured fall cocktail is only available for a limited time.
2. If you like Candy Corn — Candy Corn Martini
3. If you like Almond Joy — Almond Joy Martini
4. If you like Skittles — Mad Scientist Cocktail
5. If you like Smarties or Sweet Tarts — The Sweetest Sweet Tart
6. If you like York Peppermint Patties — Archer’s Peppermint Pattie
7. If you like Snickers — Snickers Shot
8. If you like Lemonheads — Luscious Lemonhead-Infused Vodka Martini
9. If you like Sour Patch Kids — Sour Patch Margarita
10. If you like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Reese’s Pieces — Drunken Peanut Butter Cup
11. If you like Blow Pops — Blow Pop Martini
If candy-inspired cocktails aren’t your thing, or you’re craving more cocktails paired with amazing food, be sure to check out Cocktail Week GR happening November 13-24. Explore specially made Michigan cocktail features and their recommended appetizer pairings at area distilleries and restaurants including Blue Water Grill and Pub at Paddock.